Tag Archives: paperwork

Make sure you bring…

Requirements will differ from country to country but generally you should always bring:

  • Birth certificates
  • Marriage certificates
  • Citizenship certificates (where applicable)
  • Qualification certificates

You should have these certified for legal reasons while you are stillĀ in your own country.

This is called an apostille and can only be performed by people of a certain rank or profession in the country of issue.

You should also bring evidence of having lived together if you are a couple and not married. This could be a lease or utility bills in both your names. This will assist with Family Ties permit applications and / or when you register your municipality at the Magistrates.